2 LB STAIN DROP No1 - C005506-CS20B2
Removes iron, and stains caused by leaves and other natural debris (tannins)
- Follow these treatment prerequisites before beginning treament
- • Positive verification of stain removal with STAIN DROP S.R.V. Kit.
- • Remove and/or vacuum debris such as leaves, dirt, or other physical materials.
- • Adjust water balance within parameters indicated in water balance chart.
- • Isolate or bypass heaters and heat pumps. Turn off ionizers and salt cells from circulation. If this cannot be done, DO NOT treat pool with STAIN DROP #1 (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative treatment options).
- • Backwash or clean filter.
- • Turn on pump to circulate pool water. Pump will remain on for duration of treatment.
- Water temperature must be above 60 F.
- Removes Iron stains from pool surfaces
- Removes stains caused by tannins (ex. leaves, tannins)
- See downloadable instructions below for more complete details
- IRON REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
- 1. Circulate pool continuously for the entire treatment. Typical treatment is 2 - 7 days. Avoid swimming for duration of treatment.
- 2. Add STAIN DROP #1 at a rate of 2 pounds (one container) for every 12,000 gallons of pool water.
- 3. Brush pool to make sure chemical products are completely in solution.
- 4. Add 1 quart (32oz.) per 12,000 gallons of pool water STAIN DROP All Purpose or All Purpose XpH. All Purpose and All Purpose XpH sequester metals that are lifted from pool surfaces. Water may cloud. This is normal and will dissipate over time.
- 5. Allow water to circulate for 24 hours before proceeding to next step.
- 6. Backwash or chemically clean filter weekly. Check and adjust chlorine/bromine levels weekly to maintain sanitizer residual throughout treatment.
- - False free chlorine readings may occur. Use total chlorine readings during treatment. Do not shock, superchlorinate, operate salt cell, or ionizer throughout treatment.
- 7. After stains are removed, increase pH and total alkalinity using a sodium bicarbonate-based alkalinity increaser (Introduce at a rate of no more than 4lbs. per 10,000 gallons of pool water every 8 hours).
- 8. Collect water sample for testing by Master Stain Technician or local pool professional. Follow recommendations to return pool to proper swimming conditions.
- 2 lb Cylinder
WARNING: The following product(s) can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov