- 100% citric acid
- Safely removed metal stains from pool liners and finishes
- Effective on all pool surfaces- works great on steps
- Compatible with all sanitizer systems
- Balance pool water chemistry before using STAINfree: pH: 7.2-7.6, Alkalinity: 80-120ppm, Calcium Hardness: 200-400ppm, CYA: below 50ppm, Phosphates: below 100ppb. Note: Stain removal products work best when the pH is on the lower side of the acceptable range (7.2).
- Important: Before starting the metal stain removal or water discoloration process (step 4), a pulp based filter aid must be added to cartridge and sand filters. DE filters must be properly charged.
- Lower chlorine level to 1ppm or less (a high chlorine level or adding oxidizing agents during the process will prevent STAINfree from working as designed.
- For Surface Staining: If the surface is stained, add 1 lb of STAINfree per 10,000 gallons as close to the stained area(s) as possible with the pump off overnight.
For Water Discoloration: If the entire body of water is discolored, put the pool on recirculate, add 1 lb of STAINfree per 10,000 gallons to the pool evenly around the edge. Let the circulation run for one hour. After one hour, shut off and let sit overnight.
- Before turning the pump back on, brush the pool walls and floor very thoroughly.
- Turn the pump back on and add METALfree to the pool water evenly around the edge at a rate of 33.9oz per 20,000 gallons.
- With the pump still on, vacuum the pool walls and floor very thoroughly.
- After vacuuming, clean filters: Sand Filter- backwash for at least 3 minutes and then rinse for 2 minutes. Cartridge filter- clean filter and filter tank thoroughly. DE Filter- backwash and recharge with DE.
- Test and rebalance water. DO NOT SHOCK THE POOL FOR AT LEAST 1 WEEK.
Note: If chlorine level is low after the STAINfree treatment, add small amounts of chlorine. Do not exceed 2ppm.
For Salt Generator Pools: a granular shock is recommended instead of turning the generator to its boost (super chlorinate) function after the recommended 1 week.
- Use METALfree as a weekly maintenance to control future metal staining. Apply 4oz per 10,000 gallons one a week.
Do not swim until stain procedure is complete and normal chlorine residual is established.
|Chemical Composition||100% CITRIC ACID|
|Color||White to Yellow|
|Container Size||1.75 lb|
|Product Type||Stain & Scale Control|