Jack's Magic's Stain IDentification Kit gives pool owners an easy way to treat the staining problems in their pool by applying the proper treatment, simply by using this handy kit. Stain IDentification Kit gives you 4 easy-to-apply Jack's Magic test chemicals to use on the stain problem, and which quickly cuts through the stain is the product that will effectively remove them. This test kit will tell you what you need for treating your staining problems, saving you time and money.
Please Note: The water should be at least 65-70 degrees in order to ensure accurate testing results. For information on how to perform the Stain Identification tests.
How important is it to have the chemistry within the parameters when doing the stain ID?
It’s very important! Most unsuccessful IDs or stain misidentifications are a result of not following the instructions.
My stain is in the deep end of the pool or on the wall; how do I do the ID?
There are a few different ways to address this issue. If you have adjusted your water balance according to the instructions and have the pump turned off, wait for the water to stop moving. Then you can sprinkle a small amount of each packet into the water. As the product dissolves it becomes a solution that is heavier than the water. This solution will sink to the bottom and begin to react with the stain. This process should be repeated with each product. Patience is the key to using this method as it takes time for the solution to sink and react.
Another method is to put a small amount of material in a piece of hosiery, attach it to the vac pole and hold it directly over the stained area. As before, this would need to be repeated with each product in the kit.
- Make sure the pool is properly balanced for stain identification and removal.
- Turn off pump and allow water to calm. Please Note: For easily accessible stains( i.e. top step or swimout) identification products may be applied directly from packet to stain. For pool walls and floor, identification product should be poured into (seperate) nylon hosiery (or similar porous container), and allowed to sit on test stain for 30-45 seconds. Important: Do not mix identification products in nylon hosiery or other container.
- Apply approximately 1/2 packet of Stain Solution #1 over a stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, then brush away (Stain Solution #1 treatment).
- Apply approximately 1/3 packet of Stain Solution #2 over another stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, then brush away (Stain Solution #2).
- Apply approximately 1/2 packet of Stain Solution #3 over a third stained area. Let sit for 30-45 seconds and then brush away. Follow with 1/3 packet of Stain Solution # 2. Let sit for only a few seconds, then brush away. (Stain Solution #3 & Stain Solution #2 treatment)
- Apply approximately 1/3 packet of Stain Solution #2 over a fourth stained area. Let sit 30-45 seconds, then brush away. Follow with 1/2 packet of Stain Solution # 1. Let sit for 30-45 seconds, then brush away (Iron Scale Treatment).
- Determine which topical treatment most effectively removed your stains and follow the stain removal treatment according to directions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.